The Head of the Colorado (PumpkinHead Regatta) is held annually on the last Saturday of October. ARC has been hosting this regatta since the mid-1980s. 2018 marks the 34th Annual PumpkinHead Regatta.
This 5,000 meter head race on Lady Bird Lake in Austin, Texas offers events for the following: junior, collegiate, open, adaptive and masters rowers.
The 2018 Course will row through six of the seven bridges on Lady Bird Lake. It starts at Barton Creek and travels through the bridges eastward. The turns are all gradual and there are lots of great spectator locations on the bridges, near the start, at Festival Beach Park, and on the boardwalk.
Registration – Penalty Guide – Course Map – Venue Map – Vendor Info – Rules
The Head of the Colorado Regatta is located at Festival Beach Park on Lady Bird Lake, Austin, Texas. Google Map
Austin Rowing Club will have food trucks so you can sample local fare for breakfast, snacks and lunch while you’re at the regatta!
- Trailer parking: please see the map of trailer parking. Trailers shall be parked in a westbound orientation on Chicon Street.
- Venue parking: limited parking is available within one block of 1600 Nash Hernandez Senior Road, along the south side of Nash Hernandez Sr. and where available on Chicon and Comal. All visitors must honor traffic cones, barriers and No Parking signs or risk ticketing or towing.
Come via Bike, Trail or Bus:
- By bike: bike racks are provided in the park and storage is available at the venue tent; bring your lock. Austin Bike Map
- By trail: everyone is encouraged to walk or bike the trails to reach the event. Lady Bird Lake Trail Map
- By public transport: Capital Metro routes 21 and 22 serve the venue. Capital Metro System Map – Capital Metro Trip Planner